VOLUNTEER, DONATE, WORK WITH US
Running an organisation like ours takes the spirit and energy of people who can truly contribute to society and have the time and capacity to commit to our aims. Is that you? We hope so. Volunteer with us here…
Take Our Volunteer Test
We have put together a few questions to help you understand if you are right for our kind of organisation. These have been compiled from years of experience in recruiting volunteer help for Bright Sparks. The outcome is a guide only and we do still encourage you to talk with us, visit our playgroup location, and get a true sense of what you could do to assist us.
BRING YOUR SKILLS TO HELP OUR KIDS
Our Current Opportunities
Closing date: Friday 30th September 2022
Job runs until October 2023 when a review will be undertaken on making the post permanent.
Bright Sparks play Groups is a registered charity that supports children and families in Midlothian with disabilities and additional needs. We are currently looking for a Senior Playworker to join our team.
The successful candidate will be required to work effectively as part of the Bright Sparks team, providing a stimulating and caring environment for children aged 0-18± years with additional support needs. To support team members to provide a high standard of service.
Hours are 12.5 hours per week term time:
Wednesday 9.30am-1pm (includes administration time)
With the opportunity for additional hours during school holiday programmes.
Rate of pay £10.65
If you have the ability to work as part of a team, please provide a CV and supporting statement outlining how your skills and experience will meet the demands of the role to email@example.com.
Full job description is opposite.
At Bright Sparks Play Groups, our children and their families are at the heart at everything we do. As a Senior Playworker, you will be instrumental in making sure that the day sessions are planned to suit the needs of the children and families that attend the centre.
This role will require the position holder to work effectively as part of the Bright Sparks team. They will be required to support and lead our team of playworkers and daytime volunteers.
Experience in a child care background is preferred but not essential.
Main Purpose of Job
To work effectively as part of the Bright Sparks team, providing a stimulating and caring environment for children aged 0-18± years with additional support needs. To support team members to provide a high standard of service.
Position in organisation
Reports To: Coordinator
Responsible For: Play workers and volunteers
Budget Responsibilities: No
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate in a range of activities that promote each child’s intellectual and emotional needs to enable each child to reach their full potential.
- To implement activities which encourage linguistic and social interaction between the children and carers
- To promote learning through play.
- To plan weekly sessions with the support of your team and coordinator.
- To help children acquire self-help skills including dressing, feeding and awareness of personal hygiene.
- Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
- Ensure “WOW” moments are recorded for end of grants reports.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning and dishwashing.
- To attend staff and team meetings.
- To ensure that the club meets safety and hygiene requirements and to report any issues to the coordinator or to a member of Bright Sparks senior team.
- To ensure the sensory room is well maintained and fit for purpose.
- To ensure all relevant staff workers are trained to use the sensory in your absence.
- To maintain and tidy outside containers.
- Agree to complete all relevant training that the senior team feel is relevant to your position.
- Any other relevant duties identified by the senior team.
Help with the running of our organisation
Help with the running of our groups
NEWSLETTERS AND PRESS
Help with the PR for our organisation.
Literally every penny helps so please give generously!